#32. Half-dollars virtually disappeared from circulation following the introduction, in 1964, of the Kennedy half-dollar.
New Year’s Resolutions
for a Better School Year
High school is one of the most important times in life. Having a New Year’s resolution as a student to improve will help you not only today but ensure that you’re where you want to be in the future. It is so very important to stay on track academically not just as a freshman or a sophomore but especially as junior and senior. Whether you began on January 1 or decide to start now these are all good things to keep in mind as a high school student.
- Stop procrastinating: Putting off for tomorrow what you can do today is an easy way to make things harder on yourself.
- Keep grades high: Straight A’s are nice but are not a necessity to succeed in life. Decent grades are important and make college life much easier for you. Failing classes make it hard to get into a good college and college won’t look twice at an application of a student that has failed many classes. The grades you get now you stay with you for years to come.
- Speak to counselors: When you plan ahead you set yourself up for success. Counselors can help you plan for what you need to do now to get into the college you want to get into in the future. A counselor’s job is to ensure that you meet important deadlines and do the things you need to do to be where you want to be in the future.
- Start saving: College is expensive. It’s never too early to start planning on paying for college. If you do have a job start putting away what you can for college. If you aren’t working start looking for scholarships and grants that you can apply for. Doing these things now before you are a senior are really important. If you are a senior kick into gear of looking for scholarships and speak to your counselor to see what scholarship they know of.
- Take care of yourself: A big part of being successful in school is having a healthy mind and body. Make efforts to eat right and exercise to keep up with the daily demands of school. Make sure to get plenty of sleep, especially before tests and exams.
Keep these tips in mind this year and every year to be effective each and every school year.